Friday, April 13, 2012

Nailed It!

"You Never Get a Second Chance to Make a First Impression"

Recently this adage has really been ringing true.  I have been meeting with a lot of people to talk about how I can work with them on some upcoming projects.  This has led to me notice how important every detail of a person's appearance really does matter, including nails. 
I couldn't find a long stem rose like in all those sketchy/amazing nail salons, so this is what you get.

When I want to turn up the interest on my digits, I have a couple easy nail tricks which allow me to seem carefully put together with a little bit of an edge.  They are surprisingly easy with a little patience and a steady hand.



Here's how to the upper hand on your nails*
Easy & Fast French Mani**
two nail polishes (classically pink and white)
band aids
white colored pencil

Take a simple band-aid and cut it in half.  Place the rounded end on your nail, lining it up with the white of your nail.  

Put two thin coats of white polish over the top of the nail, using the bandaid  edge as a stencil.  Carefully peel the band aid off while paint is wet.  When the paint is completely dry, put a layer of clear or any translucent color on top.


**For extra white tips, use a white colored pencil under your nail


Swirls for Girls
2 colors of nail polish
toothpicks
Pick two of your favorite polishes, but make sure there is a distinct contrast between the two colors.  Use the lighter color all over and have it partially dry.  Take the other color and put a drop in the center of the nail. 
It's spring so I wanted to go bright...or I had Lilly Pulitzer on the brain.
Use the toothpick to drag the dropped color.  Make sure the dropped color fully dries before doing anything.


A top coat of clear helps to smooth out any uneven spots.

Another one of my favorite looks is Newspaper Nails.  It's fun and makes you look stylishly well
informed.

*For best results have smoothed, shaped and clean nails

1 comment: