Monday, April 30, 2012

Don't Sweat the Accessories

So am all for working out, I think it’s great to get the blood pumping, get the ol’ ticker moving,  but I do have one problem with some girls who get their sweat on.

Photo of the Ridgefield Fitness Club by Green Revolution.

 Whether running, jumping or climbing trees, there is no need for heavy accessories.  I find it hard to believe you have absolutely no other place to wear those chandelier earrings or those chunky layered bangles.  I can’t speak for everyone when I say this but let’s face it there is no need to look like a Real Housewife when you are at the gym.  Many of you might be thinking you have your reasons, allow me to throw all of those out. 



Silly Girl Reason 1, I forgot to take it/them off, what should I do then? 
In a phrase, take them off!  I understand if you get to the treadmill and realize you still have your fancy pants earrings in, but if you hear yourself jingling just take them out.  It no time at all to run them back to your locker.  If you are afraid you'll lose your machine, just put them on the console or in one of those fancy hidden pockets, I know you have them in those expensive workout shorts.
Silly Girl Reason 2, l Iook so cute with them on.
No you don’t.  You look silly.  I am all for looking cute at the gym; no sweaty stud muffin will approach you if you don’t.  So get some great work out gear.  I love Lucy and  Lululemon gear (most of it has those fancy hidden pocket I mentioned earlier).  You can coordinate your outfit to the max and still look sporty.  Most women’s athletic places even have running skirts for all you ultra fems out there (I bought one and LOVE it).  If you are really looking to pick up a guy at the gym let him like what you look like as a sweaty Zumba-ed out mess and then dazzle him with all your brilliant baubles.
These Lululemon shorts are my absolute favorite!

Silly Girl Reason 3, I use it to add resistance to my running, it’s like a fashionable free weight. 
Did a dumbbell hit you on the head?  I am going to assume you are not serious, now go run 10 more laps for even saying that!

Push the fashion limits while pumping iron with spunky colors and great athletic gear and don’t forget you can always amp up your look after you hit the showers.

No comments:

Post a Comment