Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Nothing Fancy, just AMAZING Sausage & Peppers

I have really been trying to hone in my culinary skills.  It seems that most of the women in my family were blessed with the gift of culinary consciousness.  I, on the other hand, was given a rudimentary knowledge of how the microwave works.  I have been working to try and bring my food resume to hold more that just pizza rolls and toast.

So, I was scavenging the fridge when I found some Italian sausages and I was hit by a flavor memory.  I had the sudden urge to make Sausage & Peppers.
WARNING; This isn't low calorie, but it is delicious.
Having no idea how to do this I consulted my old friend the Internet.  I found the BEST and easiest recipe for this classic dish. It was three easy steps, which took under an hour to one of the tastiest meals I've ever made.


For a classic sandwich toss the sausage & peppers on a hogie roll,
leave the roll out to cut back on carbs.
Sausage & Peppers

 4-6 links sweet Italian sausage
2 tbsp butter
1/2 sliced yellow onion
1/2 sliced red onion
4 finely chopped cloves of garlic
1 sliced large red bell pepper
1 sliced green bell pepper
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 can of beer


1. Brown the sausage links and remove them (try not to puncture the skin)

2. Toss in the butter, garlic and both kinds of onions.  Let those hang out for about 4 minutes then add the peppers, basil and oregano.  Stir in half a can of beer.  Cook it all until tender (this will take about 15 minutes).

3. Slice the sausage and put it into the pan (the sausage won't be cooked the whole way through when you slice it, don't freak out).  Cover the dish and cook it for about 20 minutes or until the sausage is fully cooked.

I put it on a hogie roll because I wanted to make sure I got every ounce of the sauce.  It's SOOO good!

No comments:

Post a Comment