Monday, June 4, 2012

(Abbreviated ) Adventures in Lc Land

Over the past month I've spent more time on the road than under my own roof.  While I had a blast be-bopping between some of my favorite places, I have completely neglected this site. 
So I thought I would catch you up on what could have possibly taken me away from you...

Since I last wrote...

Mazel to Heather & Rob

One of my best friends went from being a "Miss" to being a "Mrs." It was one of the most beautiful and touching weddings I've ever seen.  Rob and Heather said "I do" in a wedding fit for a princess in Oak Brook, IL.  They were both lost in each other's eyes as they vowed to be with each other.  I was lucky enough to stand witness with them...not to mention my bridesmaid's dress was great!  We all looked amazing, but no one could match the glow radiating from Heather & Rob.

I was trying to be Kevin from "Hone Alone"
when my boyfriend informed me I was at the
wrong hotel in NYC...oops!
I ventured to NYC where I was the ultimate tourist. I not only saw my first Broadways show (highly recommend Peter & the Starcatcher), the Statue of Liberty and much more, but I also got to spend time with some very special people and watch my neph-pup, Izzo while my amazing sister and brother-in-law went on their second honeymoon.  By the time I was done in NYC I exhausted, but happy I was there for so long.




Thanks for the memories DC


NYC was followed by a sad farewell to the city I called home for the past five years, Washington, DC.  I packed up the last of my belongings and left with one more night of fun with friends and a loaded down rental car.  I'm not saying I'll never return, but I know it's going to be a while before I can get my hands on the Spicy Tuna Tartare from Wolfgang Puck's The Source.


Memorial Day weekend was spent splashing around a pool with some new friends in a new place.  In comparison to the
business I had been running through some low key pool time was just what the doctor ordered.

That weekend was followed by one of my favorite weekends of the year.  I returned to Chicago one more time for the annual "Blinn's Bash."  Donning the year's brown and beige uniform (see below) some of my favorite people gathered to enjoy beer, baseball, bags, brats and a slew of other words that start with a "b."
The weekends we'll never remember, with the friends we'll never forget
Now I am back home and I'm ready to jump in again with all of you!
Cheers to the second half of 2012!





No comments:

Post a Comment