Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My Chic Chicken Dish

Sunday night I tanked dinner.  I tried to make a family classic and it was the opposite of good, worst part, it was a salad. 
So last night I decided to boost my culinary ego and make one of my favorites.  Souffle Stuffed Chicken looks like a tough recipe, but is actually quite easy. 
I don't believe in garnishes.  If I'm not going to eat it,
why should it be on the plate?

It's light and fluffy with just enough tang from the sauce to make it really yummy.  The chicken breast is crisp on the outside from a quick browning while the souffle is delicate and soft. BONUS, it makes for great leftovers the next day if you store it with the sauce.

The ultimate bonus, it's low in calories and very filling.  Thank you South Beach cookbook.
I had to pound out the chicken to get enough surface area
to wrap it all the way around the souffle

The stuffed souffle will start to expand and run from
inside the chicken.  It doesn't make it less
delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment