Monday, June 18, 2012

Lc's Lust List (tops edition)

I'm not a billionaire, which can only mean one thing.  I, too, have a lust list.  A tally of items I dare not buy, lest enticing bill collectors to start calling me asking what I am thinking.  So, instead of purchasing the amazing Erdem print dress or snapping up The Row jacket I've had my eye on, I'll simply tell you about them.  Hopefully inspiring you to pull out your wallets and buy, buy buy, so I can borrow, borrow, borrow.

Sadly, this is a snapshot of my actual summer closet...before laundry day.

While staring blankly into my closet (above) today I decided tops would be my focus, seeing as I decided I had no acceptable option, despite the crowded mess of hangers holding dozens of blouses.

So let's take a look at some of my most desired summer styles, some of which are actually affordable.


$138
Few things make me smile like having a skinny day. When those rare days roll around I find flaunting "what I got" is the best way to celebrate. This cotton French Connection Daisy Lace crop top is possibly the best way to show off the goods without looking like a tramp. Pair with a high waist skirt or shorts and you'll ooze class, while stealthily showing off your curves and just a touch of skin.


$264







For the truly adventurous (and hard bodied) of you out there, I offer up the A.L.C. Floral Print Tank. This sheer wonder is a gift from the style goddesses. Light as air with practically full coverage and a darling floral print.  It offers every bit of sexy a girl could want, while still being appropriate enough to see grandma.  


$255
Thanks to The Aba Agency I was introduced to the style makers of Rag & Bone last year. Since then I have been drooling over their amazing use of mixed materials and relaxed style. This Sevilla Sweater is the perfect example of summer style updated.   Summer is the best time to go nuts for nauticals and this loose knit sweater is just the ticket. I would die to pair it with my hot pink shorts or even just my bathing suit and a boat. The full sleeve provides some protection from the cool evening air, while the loose knit will give me more than enough room to breathe during the day.


$118

I like to wear white as much as possible, and this  Anthropologie Anila Blouse pairs perfectly with just about anything crisp and bright white.  The wrap creates a tiny waist effect and the floral print makes this top perfect for work or play, not to mention the color pallet will transition nicely into the fall.  Hooray for multi-seasonal wear!


$375






Last, but certainly not least, is the amazing
J. Crew beaded silk tee.  This luxe tee was inspired by Morse code, and it's clearly tapping out "I'm the ballin'est!"  White beaded silk might not be the most forgiving of ideas for summer fun, but you can't deny the style factor of this shirt.  From the intricate pattern of beading to the black silk trim, it's perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment