Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Personalize your Paper

I love sending personal notes to people.  I think it's one of the small things a person can do to make some one's day. 



For a while my habit of note writing was taking a toll on my wallet.  All those cards were getting expensive.  Then I learned how to make my own personalized stationary, for pennies of what those cards cost.

Here's how!

Supplies
Plain paper (I prefer to use a card stock or resume paper)
Food coloring
Shaving cream (not the gel)
Toothpick
Disposable plate
Straight edge

Directions
Put a thick layer of shaving cream on the disposable plate.  Drop a few dots of food coloring (drop at least 6, more depending on how big the area is).  Swirl the food coloring in the shaving cream lightly, just enough for the colors to streak.  Place the paper on top of the shaving cream and lightly press it into the cream so it becomes saturated.  Carefully remove the paper from the shaving cream, try to lift it off without smearing.  In fluid motions, scrap off the excess shaving cream.  Allow the paper to dry.
This is the swirled shaving cream.  Dip the
paper in this.















I love doing those because it adds such a careful and colorful touch to any note I send, and it's really easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment