Thursday, July 5, 2012

Pasta Salad with a Kick of Champagne

Pasta salad is one of my least favorite summer foods.  For some reason it's always at picnics; and it's always coated in layer upon layer of fat and dairy.  Just the thought of it sitting unattended in the sun for hours is enough to make my stomach stop.


A few years ago, my sister shared with me a light and delicious recipe she found for pasta salad and it changed my outlook on the side.  This colorful side tastes clean and delicious all day.  It contains no dairy and the vegetables are raw, so they contain most of their nutrients.  Plus, the combination of flavors is to die for!

This is the recipe for Champagne Pasta Salad...

One box of pasta
1 bottle of champagne vinaigrette (if you want to make it, here is a recipe I use)
Two bundle of raw broccoli
One jar of artichoke hearts (in liquid)
8 sun dried tomatoes
1/4 of a red onion ( finely chopped)
Two bell peppers

Cook the pasta.
Cut the veggies
Combine pasta, veggies and dressing in a Tupperware and toss it in the fridge.
Enjoy!

This dish only gets better with time. I suggest making it the day before so everything has overnight to marry.

No comments:

Post a Comment